Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday Night Blog #5 September 3, 2014

Well everyone Summer 2014 is now in the books.  What a summer it was. Between the ball games and crash I was in not to mention getting my third novel "Deception" published it was a memorable one to put it mildly. Did I mention the writing hiatus that I am taking until November 1? *laughs* well it led me to writing "The Wednesday Night Blogs" that you will be reading right here. This the fifth "Wednesday Night Blog" although it would have been the sixth if the accident didn't take place three weeks ago today.  With that here's the latest:

     I've been questioning whether the hiatus from novel writing that began on July 25 was such a great idea or not.  Since last Wednesday I have been thinking about ending the hiatus/sabbatical and resume writing novels once more.  At the same time thoughts about my National Novel Writers Month project Gladio has been on my mind a lot.  After some thought, I will be beginning to conduct research for Gladio while continuing on with my hiatus/sabbatical.  With NaNoWriMo being 59 days away and I've survived the first 40 days without writing a novel, it looks like I will be at the half way point by next Saturday there is hope for me!  A fun part of NaNoWriMo will be the kickoff party that begins at 11pm Halloween evening and ends six hours later a local all night diner.  I feel that this will be an amazing experience for sure.  I cannot think of a better way to resume writing novels.

     Enough on the discussion about my writing.  It's time for the fun stuff.  I am on the minor league baseball withdrawal patch *laughs again* due to the season being completed for both the Rochester Red Wings and the Batavia Muckdogs.  I managed to get 144 autographs this season which is a personal best!  The interesting part was that I got 100 of the autographs since August 11.  I plan on shattering my personal best next year!  In fact I'm beginning to get ready to shatter the record by scoring out some of my baseball cards of minor leaguers who will be passing through both Rochester and Batavia next year.  The scenery that I checked out during my three trips to Batavia last month was breathtaking.  The open country with farm houses had a classic American heartland feel to it.  I felt relaxed each time that I saw the views.  I think it would be cool to make a fall drive to Batavia and see how the area would look in autumn.  I have no question that it would look even more breathtaking than it is right now.

     While I am on the subject of fall, it is an awesome time of the year. Although I could never put a finger on exactly why I feel this way it is the aura of fall that is special in itself. As I am sitting here typing tonight's blog I'm enjoying my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.  Hopefully there will be many more in the next few months.  Football begins tomorrow night and I consider it to be more than a sport.  To me it has become a national holiday that begins on the first Thursday in September and ends on the first Sunday in February.  Last night was the first of two fantasy football drafts for me.  The next one is tonight at 8pm which means that I will be wrapping this blog up.  Be safe everyone and enjoy the football games if you are a football fan.  I will be checking out a First Friday Gallery night in a couple of days and the last art festival of 2014 on Saturday aka Chlothesline Festival at the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, NY.  Ah yes I forgot to Rochester Antiquarian Book Fair which is near the Memorial Art Gallery on Saturday too.  All this will be in between the football and baseball games that I will be watching. With that take care everyone.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment