Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday Night Blog #7

Wednesday Night Blog # 7
By
Tom DiCaprio
10/1/14

It's definitely good to be back blogging. I was house sitting for a friend in Pultneyville from September 9 to the 27.  I definitely enjoyed the lakefront property for sure.  However the back injury made me alter some plans.  My friend has four beds in his home.  The one that he wanted me to sleep in did not do wonders for my back for the first hour that I tried to sleep.  After playing a round of musical beds, I slept in the master bedroom despite his wishes for me not to.  It was the best available bed that was conducive for my back issues.  It was awesome waking up every morning while I was in Pultneyville and looking out the window and seeing Lake Ontario.  What a wonderful feeling that was.  The nineteen days flew by very fast although the daily commutes from Pultneyville to Rochester and back seemed to drag on like the Kansas City Royals-Oakland A's game from last night.     That said its good to be back in Rochester.

I've been getting mentally ready for my National Novel Writers Month Project that begins a month from today.  I'm going to pick up Gladio by Ganser Daniele and read it this month.  It should give me quite a premise for my novel "Gladio" that will be written starting November 1.  I'm so amped up for it and I have to wait another 31 days before I begin to write it.  I'm working on an elevator pitch for it right now.  John Grisham said that if you cannot explain your novel in one or two sentences then you shouldn't write it.  Well here's my elevator pitch for Gladio which is a work in progress as I write this.  "A CIA agent who is framed by a rogue agent must clear his name while confronting his past in order to prevent a terrorist attack."

Well it's been an interesting NFL season.  Who would have thought that the cowboys would be 3-1 and the Bills would start the season 2-0.  Even the NFC Central is still wide open.  The MLB playoffs are underway.  I can't think of a team to root against this year.  I would prefer that the Angels or Royals win it all.  I think it will be a combination of the Angels or Orioles playing the Dodgers or Nationals.  Let Rocktoberfest commence.

On to the news front.  Ebola has arrived in the USA. Texas has reported the first case.  The sad part is that I'm not surprised about this.  I'm just surprised that it took this long for it to occur.  Looks like there will be a sudden demand for DVD copies of Pandora's Clock, Outbreak and Contagion.  Definitely not a good sign for what could come.  Imagine if this outbreak of Ebola was in fact an act of biological terrorism? I don't even want to picture how this would be handled.

The Secret Service has had one mishap after another recently.  Now there is a rumor that a convicted felon carried a gun into the White House elevator and was standing next to President Obama.  What are they trying to do? Deliberately screw up and allow an incident to take place that would be tragic. That would be inexcusable.  The Secret Service who had been so vigilant to protect not only the president from assassination, but the nation from a race war in the process has now been lax in their duties.  Do they know something that we don't? There are other ways to handle it.  Allowing an assassination to occur is unacceptable.

I may have briefly mentioned a possibility of al-Qaeda, al-Shabbab and ISIS being one and the same group, but flying different flags in order to confuse the USA and our allies in the War on Terror. I still feel that it is a possibility that can never be ignored.  If this strategy of spreading our military too thin and then engaging in an all out full scale strike against us occurs, then this nation as well as our allies may be in some very serious trouble.  There has also been an en masse immigration of Moslems from the Middle East to European nations such as Great Britain, France and Germany as well as other western nations such as the United States and Canada.  This was also a topic that was a storyline in my latest novel Deception.

Even the Rochester area is still having a rough run of controversial news stories.  After the controversial parole of Thomas Johnson III which resulted in the killing of RPD Officer Daryl Pierson, the news of Monroe County has shifted west to Brockport which has experienced a couple of high profile incidents in the past ten days.  First SUNY Brockport defeated St. John Fisher College in football.  Then the Brockport students proceeded to party after the upset and a riot took place.  I'm now picturing how many times DJ Snake and Lil John's hit song Turn Down For What was played during the partying that took place in the hours that preceded the riots.  This week a SUNY Brockport soccer player was stabbed by an acquaintance who was stalking him.  The acquaintance who was not a student at Brockport was able to enter the campus undetected and then stab the student who according to some was a love interest of his assailant.  The victim did not feel the same way towards his future assailant.  Looks like crashing into events and places has become a common theme. A local radio station sent someone to slip his way into a local high school and college undetected this morning.

Unfortunately this trick is not limited to spies and government agents.  Also this is not only the unfortunate recoccuing common theme these days.  The NFL has had the floodgates open when it comes to domestic violence.  This has since extended into other sports.  I think this was the first weekend where a NFL player has not been arrested. This is definitely a first in quite some time.

Well I have run our of things to write about this week.  With that said I wish everyone a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment