Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday Night Blog #9

Wednesday Night Blog #9
10/15/14
By
Tom DiCaprio

Well this is now going to be my ninth Wednesday Night Blog.  Only three more until National Novel Writer's Month begins and tonight is one of the three more blogs.  I may continue on with this come November. Stay tuned everyone.  I'm now struggle no to figure out how to begin tonight's blog or was until the writers group who I'm hanging out with write now are now presently discussing the Ebola scare.  We are discussing how one gets Ebola which can be transmitted by touch or by oral means or even airborne.  Looks like it can be a topic for my NaNoWriMo project Gladio.  I just got the Kindle version of NATO's Secret Armies.  It's an in depth look at Operation Gladio.  Gladio is about stand alone armies who would be activated in case of a Soviet Invasion during the Cold War.  They stored weapons and other supplies in hidden areas where they could be quickly accessed should there be a need to.  Gladio later evolved into terrorist attacks where the people would turn to the state for protection. One diabolical part of Gladio was the order to assassinate 40 politicians from the West German Social Democratic Party.

Anyways two nurses who treated the patient in Texas who died of Ebola have now caught the disease.  I'm hoping that there aren't others out there who have Ebola as well.  Between that and Enterovirus epidemic we could be in for quite a winter.

The research for Gladio is continuing to make progress.  I'm presently researching the period from August 1994 through November1995 in order to capture the mood and trends of the era. Part of Gladio will take place during this time.  The other aspect of Gladio is that Rochester, New York will be a setting for Gladio as well.   Enough on Gladio. Seventeen days before I begin to write my next novel and end my hiatus in the process.   Been counting down the days since late July.  All is know is that once November 1 is here it's showtime!

Meanwhile I'm watching game four of the American League Championship Series and all I can say is that I haven't enjoyed playoff baseball this much since the 2004 ALCS when th Red Sox came back from a 3 game deficit to knock off theYankees four games to three.  I'm not counting the 2006 National League Divisional Series where the Mets beat the Mets beat the Dodgers. I refuse to discuss the tragedy of the 2006 NLCS.   I'm still traumatized by it and need I mention how the Mets have been affected by it ever since...okay enough on that. I'm not sure who will win the NLCS this year. St. Louis would be a cool choice but if this even year trend this decade holds then the Giants will win it all.

The Dallas Cowboys are now 5-1. Who saw it coming? I didn't and neither did all of the non
Cowboys fans for that matter. I'm still living and dying along with the Chicago Bears with the arm and consistency of lack there of with Jay Gutless aka Jay Quitter who is also known as Jay Baby Cutler since he's a crybaby.

Sorry to interrupt this blog to congratulate the Kansas City Royals for winning the American League pennant.  They are definitely going to win it all! Hopefully the Mets will win it all next year. Sounds like a 1985 and 1986 redux going on here.

Well enough said for the blog this week. Take care everyone and I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment