Thursday, November 26, 2015

Parallels between my novel Black Friday and November 2015

I usually would not make this kind of entry, but given the climate I have decided to do so. When I first wrote my first published novel "Black Friday" in November 2012, I wrote about a terror plot against the nation's malls on the day after Thanksgiving. Fast forward to November 2015 where some of the storylines in "Black Friday" seem to be playing out in real life.  Here they are:

1.  In Black Friday, a presidential campaign was the talk of the nation.

In November 2015, the 2016 Presidential Campaign is the talk of the nation.

2. In Black Friday, the president came across as having no interest in the War on Terror.

In November 2015, there seems to be a growing sentiment among groups of Americans that President Obama has come across as having no in protecting the US against ISIS.

3. In Black Friday, the Chicago Bears played the Green Bay Packers in the Thanksgiving Night game.

In November 2015 , the Chicago Bears are playing the Green Bay Packers in the Thanksgiving Night game.

4. In Black Friday, there is a plot to attack the nation's malls on the day after Thanksgiving.

In November 2015, tomorrow is the day after Thanksgiving. My concern is that if there was ever a year that a plot to attack the nation's malls could materialize, then this would very likely be the year that it happens.  I pray to God that with the recent attacks against  Mali, Paris and Russia that we are able to do something before it's too late. With the recent escalations when it comes to ISIS carrying out their plan for a global caliphate it frightens me that they will go to such extremes to make it happen. Although there is no credible threat known out there I urge everyone to remain vigilant and to do their part to keep America safe.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment