Friday, November 13, 2015

Scene from the current novel Off the Grid, Under the Radar that Ihave yet to finish turns into a real life news event within the past half hour

Paris shootings: Casualties in city centre and explosion at Stade de France - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

A scene from Off the Grid, Under the Radar where a series of shootings and explosions take place in Europe, North America, Israel and Australia has just went down in real life in Paris. What strikes me about this is that one of the cities that this happened in Off the Grid, Under the radar occured in Paris. Now rhe real life incident in Paris that I just found out about moments ago has left me shaken up.

     This now marks that third time that I have either written or published a novel in which a scene or scenes became prophectic in real life. The other two novels in which this occurred wad Black Friday where I wrote about a terrorist attack at a mall became real when the Westgate Mall in Kenya was attacked while I was editing Black Friday almost two weeks before it was published. In Deception, I wrote about many Middle Easterners immigrating to the United States as part of a plot to turn the United States and other European nations into Islamic States under the fictional Mecca Caliphate. In another fact regarding Deception, I wrote about the fictional Mecca caliphate in the months leading up to the offical arrival of ISIS to the world scene. While Deception was being edited, ISIS was declared a caliphate.
     These factors alone have made question whether I have a knack for events in my novels becoming real life events like the ones that Tom Clancy and Joel C. Rosenberg have written about.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment